Standard Contest Rules
Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC
Standard Contest Rules Applicable to All Contests
• No purchase is required to play or win on any of the Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC
stations, which include:
WABK-FM Gardiner, ME
WBAK Belfast, ME
WBFB Bangor, ME
WBFE Bar Harbor, ME
WBKA Bar Harbor, ME
WKSQ Ellsworth, ME
WMCM Rockland, ME
WQSK Madison, ME
WQSS Camden, ME
WTOS-FM Skowhegan, ME
WTOS Bangor, ME
WTUX Gouldsboro, ME
WVOM-FM Howland, ME
WVOM Rockland, ME
WVQM Augusta, ME
• All contestants must be permanent residents of the state of Maine and may be asked to provide Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC with a valid form of identification and Social Security number.
• All contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for contests that are
not affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
• All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
• One entry per household. A “household” is determined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on a Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC station, the individual/household is ineligible to win all other contests on a Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC station for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $600.00 from a Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC station may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC.
• For telephone contests. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at the Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller. • For contests requiring an entry, they may be e-mailed to contest specific address on the Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC stations website: big104fm.com, 971thebear.com, kissfm.net, wvomfm.com, wtosfm.com. For contests requiring online entry, listeners must use the appropriate SecondStreet link, found on the station website or Facebook page, to enter. User must agree to all SecondStreet terms and conditions. All entries become property of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC and will not be returned. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
• Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
• Prizes must be picked up at the designated office of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC during regular business hours within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, or the prizes will be forfeited. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
• In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC awarding the prize to the winner. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
• The Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC stations, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any station contest or prizes awarded in any station contest. Winners may be required to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
• Winners consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the station for publicity purposes. Employees and families of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible. Employees of all other area radio stations and household members of such individuals are not eligible.
• All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
• Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
• Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
• The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC stations websites:
1. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
2. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC management.
3. Any problems with the internet or email are not Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC’s responsibility
• All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC are final.
• A copy of these rules are available during regular business hours at Blueberry Broadcasting, LLC:
125 Community Drive, Suite 201, Augusta, ME 04330
184 Target Industrial Circle, Bangor, ME 04401
15 Payne Avenue, Rockland, ME 04841